Thursday, June 13, 2019

Final Celebration Post

Thank you!













































I want to start by saying how grateful I am to have gotten to share this experience with all of you! I hope it was beneficial and that you learned something new about South Korea. We both worked hard these last ten weeks so I appreciate all of your enthusiasm and interest in my study abroad adventure~

To recap a little of what discussed on Wednesday, I want to reiterate and encourage you all to always try! Put the effort in, try new things, and make things happen for yourself. Always advocate for yourself. South Korea has been full of surprises. Like I mentioned, I am the minority here. I don't speak the language, but this is not to say that I don't get treated favorably. I would attribute my successes here to going out of my comfort zone and getting what I need when I need it. 

My life advice: Surround yourself with positive people! Friends come and go, but the important ones will stay or even return later on. While living abroad, I had to figure out where I fit in socially. I had to remind myself that not everyone would match me or my efforts. I had to accept that even if I made an effort to meet new people and invite them out, I could not force anyone to be my friend. I knew a relationship would be successful when the person put just as much effort into making plans as I did. Do they invite me to dinner? To study? Do they stop to chat? Are they supportive? Do they remember the things I tell them in conversation? Give love to those you care about! It may sound corny, but don't be afraid to show people you care. Give the love and attention that you want in return. This may be a more adult concept, but me and my friends are constantly hyping each other up because we believe in each others capabilities. We are all beautiful, capable, and worthy people. Remember to love yourself and love those around you. 


My favorite music: 
Korean: Offonoff, Haon, Sik-K, DPR Live, Crush, Dean, Colde, Jay Park, Jooyoung, and BTS. 

Spanish: Christian Nodal, Bad Bunny, Daddy Yankee, Maluma, Ozuna, Nicky Jam, Gerardo Ortiz, Calibre 50, Joan Sebastian, Ramon Ayala, Chayin Rubio, etc.


Teachers I remember from Ron Russel Middle School (Please forgive me if I my memory fails me!!):

  • Mr. Stump (Math)
  • Ms. Koskela (Social Studies and Language Arts
  • Mr. Parker (Social Studies and Language Arts)
  • Mr. DuPont 
  • Mr. Long (4th grade teacher at Earl Boyles) (I heard he was the Principal or Vice Principal of RRMS)
  • Mr. McNeal (Physical Education)







Image result for south korean flag































Keep working hard, everyone! I hope to see you all next year when I go visit 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment